It’s time! Tournament of Books starts in earnest on 9 March 2015, so I can’t hold back my brackets any longer. Unlike Shannon at River City Reading who shared her brackets last week, I’m basing my picks off of what I would choose, rather than what I think the judges will choose. This is mostly because I am lazy and have not researched any of the judges.
What I’ve Read. I made it through 14.5 of the 16 books. Let me help you with links below.
- The Bone Clocks
- All the Birds, Singing
- All the Light We Cannot See
- Wittgenstein, Jr.
- The Paying Guests
- A Brave Man Seven Storeys Tall
- Dept. of Speculation
- Station Eleven
- An Untamed State
- Silence Once Begun
- Everything I Never Told You
- Adam v. The Bone Clocks – largely because I hated Adam so much… and I loved The Bone Clocks… I want to see Adam completely destroyed, because it’s going to be so delicious.
- Dept. of Speculation v. Annihilation – this was a close call for me, so I’m interested to see how it’s going to come out. The main reason I went with Dept. of Speculation is because it stands alone, which I feel like Annihilation cannot do.
- The Paying Guests v. A Brave Man Seven Storeys Tall – there was SO MUCH hype around The Paying Guests, but I really felt like A Brave Man was the better novel. Interested to see if the judge agrees!
- Station Eleven v. An Untamed State – Seriously, to echo Shannon… WHY?! This was definitely the hardest decision in the brackets and again, I feel like it could go either way…